2014 Charitable Race Raises Largest Proceed Total of $275,000 Since Inception in 2009
Mclean, VA (PRWEB) December 10, 2014 -- For the past six years, the DC-metro area has looked forward to a very special event hosted by Acumen Solutions, the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Transformation and a leading supporter of community outreach initiatives. The Acumen Solutions Race for a Cause™ 8k and 1- Mile Fun Run, held in Arlington, VA, is an annual event that raises proceeds for local charities. This year’s event, held on October 19th, attracted more than 3,000 registrants and raised over $275,000. This year’s race also marked a major achievement for Acumen Solutions, as the event exceeded $1million in total proceeds. These proceeds have been distributed to over 25 local nonprofit charities since the race’s inception in 2009.
“The Race for a Cause is the largest Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of Acumen Solutions, and year after year we continue to increase our proceeds,” states David Joubran, President and CEO of Acumen Solutions. “Since our company’s inception, we have been committed to giving back as both business and community leaders, and we have found that our race is the perfect way to bring people together, while maximizing the impact of our community outreach initiatives.”
One hundred percent of the net race proceeds are allocated to the qualifying nonprofits, and Acumen Solutions also donates the time of its employees in order to promote and execute this annual event. Over the past six years, Acumen Solutions’ innovative approach to the fundraising for this event has greatly increased race proceeds, sponsors, and registrants. The goal of this event is to not only raise awareness and funds for nonprofit partners, but also to host an event that engages people and enables all participants to experience the impact to the community. The Race for a Cause has continued to exceed its goals, while also increasing the return on investment for its valued sponsors. Multiple sponsors have invested in the event since its inception, and continue to do so as a sign of their belief in Acumen Solutions’ CSR initiatives.
To date, Acumen Solutions Race for a Cause™ has raised more than $1,000,000 for 25 local charities, and attracted more than 15,300 race participants.
2014 Nonprofit Beneficiaries include:
- American Childhood Cancer Organization - Ronald McDonald House
- Boys and Girls Club - Alexandria-Olympic Branch - Shelter House
- Golden Retriever Rescue, Education & Training - The Reading Connection
- Literacy Council of Northern Virginia - The Women’s Center
- National Fatherhood Initiative - Young Playwrights' Theater
In 2014, Acumen Solutions pulled together an incredible list of esteemed area sponsors whom they would like to thank:
2014 DIAMOND LEVEL SPONSOR
- The Meltzer Group
2014 PLATINUM LEVEL SPONSORS
- People Stretch Solutions
- Robert G. Hisaoka
- Watkins Meegan
2014 GOLD LEVEL SPONSORS
- Allcovered - It Services From Konica Minolta - LookThink
- Arcland Property Company - Redpeg Marketing
- Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL) - Tobin O'connor & Ewing
2014 SILVER LEVEL SPONSORS
- Agility Technologies - Halt, Buzas & Powell, Ltd.
- Birst - Inscope International
- Carahsoft Technology - Lindsay Automotive Group
- CityBridge Foundation - Paycom
- Clarabridge - Perspecsys
- Coresphere - Suntrust Bank
- Cubesmart – Bristow, VA, Store - United Bank, Inc.